Tuesday, October 23, 2007

If Only?

So when of my readers went to see Tyler Perry's "Why Did I Get Married?" and loved it. There was a particular scene in the movie that really touched this reader. There is a part when Jill Scott's overweight character said, that she fought so hard for her marriage to survive that she thought God had forgotten about her.

My reader related because of the break up of the marriage this reader was going through as well. and spent an entire teenage and early adult life asking: If only I was thinner? If only I was pretty? If only I had clear skin? If only? Did God forget about me?

Surprisingly there are so many people feel the same way. It speaks more of our own insecurities because we think that if we can achieve the perfection society puts on us, we'd be happy. In fact, we wouldn't. Until we embrace who we are as an individual, really embrace ourselves, we can appreciate our great qualities it is then we would know that God hasn't forgotten about us we forgot about ourselves. God is just waiting at the end until we find our path back to loving ourselves as God loves us.

XOXO

No comments: