Monday, October 22, 2007

Gay In The City Part 4 (The Grudge)

When your life is turned upside down from a break up it can leave you cold, alone, and lost. Breaking up is hard especially when it ends in betrayal and heartache. When questions are unanswered, when your life has no meaning, when your future is uncertain, when your security is gone and when you feel like your soul is dead, how do you deal?

Everyone says to move on but moving on is the easy part, it's letting go that's almost impossible at times. You find things to occupy your time, you can find new friends, you can find new lovers and in a sense you are moving on, but you're still empty. You still have this heavy feeling because no matter how much you have done to move on you still can't seem to let go. What is the time frame? What are the steps? How do we let go?

The feeling of not letting go and holding in almost turns into a grudge that cannot die. A grudge that follows you wherever you go, a grudge that directs your feelings, a grudge that begins to consume who you are, a grudge that prevents you from the possibility of loving again. I guess we have to confront this grudge and in that process hopefully this grudge doesn't win. The journey of self discovery can begin when we let go of this grudge.

poparodc

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know these words represent what you have experienced in your life. I feel as though you have cut into my heart and head, exposed what appears to be keep me from moving on. I haven't been my true self in some time. I don't like what see and what I feel I have become. I know the person I can be and what I want out of life but the grudge is blocking my path. It appears to be a huge boulder blocking a tiny norrow mountain pass making it almost impassable. I know there is a way around it. I don't want to turn around and go back. I will find a way around it....I swear!