Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Gay In The City part 3 (Last Call)

So I was in Phoenix for the Gay World Series, it was like Gay week in Phoenix. I had a great time with my teammates as well as meeting all the different teams from across the country. There was a host bar every night and there were many festivities throughout the week. Not to mention all the guys trying to hook up like crazy. It felt like the only thing on their minds were hooking up. Not that it wasn't on mine but I was not as obsessed as they were.

Our last night in Phoenix I ran into a friend, who already bragged about a hook up from the previous night, at the bar and was talking to some guy. I said hello and asked if that was his next hook up, he said potentially he had another guy he was hooking up with that went to his car so this was just back up. I wasn't mad at him at all he does what he needs to do.

I went about my business met a guy and had a great conversation. After a couple of hours I went to the dance floor to get my friends but I ran into that same friend that was trying to hook up. I told him,"I thought for sure you would have left already." He said "no that one guy was not cute enough and the other was too easy." He was waiting to see what was left over in the crowd of people dancing.

It was then that I realized he was truly unhappy. He is a very good looking man, has a boyfriend at home, great job, and many friends. Yet he feels so unfulfilled that he needs to hook up to make him feel better about himself? The entire week his purpose was to bed as many as he could but he still came home to his boyfriend as empty as he left. I don't get it. It's hard for me to see someone that has so much yet has so little.

Don't get me wrong ya'll, I'm all about getting my bang on but I'm single and not committed to anyone else. I almost feel bad for my friend. Maybe if he would look at himself in a spiritual way he would see the great things I see in him.

Regardless I guess that's just last call when your gay in the city.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Name names, dammit. If i slept with him, he'd feel a lot better. i'm that good.