Tuesday, April 01, 2008

SUDDENLY!

Michael and I were watching American Idol last Wednesday as usual. American Idol announced that they had a songwriter competiton. They are doing a nationwide search for the perfect song to be performed at the American Idol Finale sung by the final two contestants and released as the winning single.

I asked Michael why he wasn't doing that? I wanted him to do this. I beleive in his talent so much that I know he could win. We brain stromed that night and watched all the finale performances for the past 6 seasons on youtube. We talked about what the American Idol song is about. It should embody the journey of someone's dream coming true. But I kept telling him that it needed to appeal to everyone! Young, Senior, women, men, it has to touch everyone and more importantly, it needs a hook.

Michael felt pressure because he had to submit the song by March 31. He didn't know how he would be able to do it because he had a seminar this past weekend. Just to show that talent is talent and when you have it you have it! Michael wrote, arranged, and recorded the song in 1 day. He called me the next day at midnight, woke me up to play the song.

I was completely taken back, he got it right! He captured the true essence of dreams coming true and the power of love in the song. I am completely and utterly in love with the song. Its perfect! I know in my heart this could win. You guys have to check out his song "Suddenly" it's truly amazing! The song has to be selected by producers and they will select 20 songs, but the best part is we get to vote!

If selected as a finalist, you may vote for it beginning April 10 at http://www.americanidol.com/. The song with the most votes will be performed at the Finale episode and recorded professionally. So invite your family, friends, co-workers, classmates, community members, and places of worship to support this song. Let's commit to the possibility of hearing it at the Finale of American Idol!


Go to: http://michaelscottmcbride.com/

Click on Suddenly to hear the song. Feel free to leave me comments on your thoughts of the song! Here are the lyrics:

There was a time when I hoped with all my might;
Could not see what was past the edge.
Pipe dreams and blind faith were all that was in sight.
Then a miracle appeared, and I felt so privileged.

Suddenly I’ve found where my heart meets reality.
Suddenly I feel what passion really means.
Suddenly I know how the pieces of my life fit together,
And all at once my dream has come to be suddenly.

Today I see endless possibilities I can’t believe what’s happening now.
Tomorrow’s filled with joy and relief.
Since this miracle appeared, it is showing me how…

Suddenly I’ve found where my heart meets reality.
Suddenly I feel what passion really means.
Suddenly I know how the pieces of my life fit together,
And all at once my dream has come to be suddenly.

I took a risk, stepped past my fear,
Opened the door, and now I’m here.
What a gift from above!
Come join me in this wild horizon
Where Heaven and Earth give way to love.

Suddenly I’ve found where my heart meets reality.
Suddenly I feel what passion really means.
Suddenly I know how the pieces of my life fit together,
And all at once my dream has come to be suddenly.
by Michael Scott Mcbride


I have a poll on the side to get your thoughts!

No comments: