Thursday, April 03, 2008

Oprah Moment (Grandparents)

Unfortunately my roommate, Marla, lost her grandmother on Monday. Her grandmother had a long battle with Alzheimer's Disease. Marla and I are alike in many ways, aside from our drunk moments, we take our relationship with our grandparents seriously. She was very close to her grandmother and is she's hurting. Currently Marla is in Texas grieving with her family.

I can't even imagine the pain she is going through because my grandparents are my world. It really is a shame for people that have grandparents and don't take the time to enjoy them. I learn from them, I admire them, and I hope to make them proud.

Grandparents come from a different generation of struggle. If you have grandparents, sit down and talk to them. I'm sure you'll find their stories of their youth to be pretty incredible. Take the time and enjoy your grandparents.

No comments: