Monday, April 28, 2008

Book Club: Purpose Driven Life Ch 4: Made to Last Forever


Warning, this may be a bit preachy.


This chapter is about eternity and about how life as we live it now is the stepping stone to what we were created for, eternity. But in order to live in the kingdom of God we have to accept Jesus Christ as our savior and that we love and serve him.


Life is a preparation for the next. What that is we have no proof of but we do know from the teachings that when you live in light of eternity your values change.


This chapter got a bit preachy for me but I am still with this book to see where this journey takes me. I am curious now.


Point to Ponder: There is more to life than just here and now


Verse to Remember: "This world is fading away, along with everything it creaves. But if you do the will of God, you will live forever.


Question to Consider: Since I was made to last forever, what is the one thing I should stop doing and the one thing I should start doing today?


No comments: