Sunday, April 13, 2008

Dance Like There's No Tomorrow (My Journey Back to Dance)

Today was my first audition in ten years. Auditions were at 10am so I had to make sure to be there on time and not Latino time. I woke up at 8:30 got ready and went to the auditions. I got in my car and I was pretty hesitant on going. I started to have cold feet but I drove anyway.

I walked in the audition, signed in took a number, and took a picture. I was dancer 15 out of 41 strong talented experienced dancers. As I saw every dancer around me, I questioned what I was doing there? Is this really something I want to do now in my life? Is this really still my passion? Am I chasing a dream that never should be? All those questions and more cold feet almost had me gone.

The auditions started before I could leave. I auditioned for 5 pieces. An Afro Caribbean piece, a jazz piece, a modern piece, and two improv dance pieces. Overall the experience was fun but I was very intimidated by all the talent. I did the best that I could and I won't know if I got any of the parts until later this week.

No comments: