Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Gay In The City (You've Got Mail)

After your first date you go about your business and continue to do what you do. Normally it would take a couple days for someone to call the other person or email them after the date. I really did have a great time on the date and found the guy to be quite funny. I went out all weekend an did some much needed house work.

Suddenly the computer rings, "You've got mail". I open it up and there it is the email. The email of either "can't wait to see you again" or the "it was fun but not really interested". Well I knew already which of the two it would be. Mr Date was not interested in dating but said he was very interested in becoming friends. Sincere or just being polite?

I was not down about this at all, in fact when you start to date these types of situations need to happen in order to keep you grounded. People are out there trying to find the guy that they can really connect with as a partner, friend, and lover. I am not that guy for some or vice versa. One thing the date did do for me, it was to really be open. I actually went there with no expectations, let my guard down and had a good time. It really was good for me to get my feet wet and to continue the path that is to find the possibility of a companion.

Will I call Mr Date to hang for friends? I really don't think so, I have tons of friends and I am not looking for another. If he calls to hang out of course I would go out. But to make an effort to pursue a friendship with someone will detour me from finding someone on a different level.

No comments: