Sunday, November 18, 2007

Gay In The City (Anotha First Date)

I went on a date on Friday as you all know and here's how it went.

I got to the restaurant at 6:30pm, again ya'll know I can't show my Latino time right away. I text him asking if he was there and he was running about 10min late. I thought, great this is gonna suck. LOL! Anyway, he called me and said he was parking and I told him not to worry I was at the bar with a drink. I then thought, well at least he's calling to check in.

I sat at the end of the bar and every time the door opened in the front I turned and looked to see if it was him walking in. After the fourth time, a guy walks in but he was hairy and scruffy with a pink shirt and he was swishing as he walked like he was on a runway. I had my phone in hand already texting a Friend to call me and get me out of this mess. Luckily that queen was there to see his friends. Finally my date walked in and he was very very cute. His picture was cute but much cuter in person. I then forgave that he was 25min late.

He knew I did not have much time cuz I had to meet my friends at 8 for a grab bag drawing. So we talked and ordered dinner. We talked and talked and laughed. He was quite charming and fun. All of a sudden I looked at the time it was 9:30 and I had to leave. He seemed a bit dissapointed and I was too. So I did the unthinkable, I asked him if he wanted to join me with my friends. He said sure! I know ya'll think that was a bad move, I knew that this boy aint calling me after this after meeting the gang.

While driving to meet my peeps I kept texting to please no stories and please be nice. As we walked to the restaurant, I told him this is as real as I am gonna get. Nothing to hide here now that he is meeting me with all my friends. We got there and the jokes began. My date had a blast with all of them and held his own. Everyone left and we closed the restaurant. I did apologize if my friends were too much but he actually loved them. At one point I thought some of them bitches were talking him too long and could I talk to my date? Dang, these hating bitches! LOL We walked to our cars and both said what a great time we had. I told him to call me if he wanted to hang out again. We both smiled and looked at each other for a moment then hugged and a kiss on the cheek.

He was such a nice guy, intelligent and quite cute. I left the ball in his court, I told him to call me if he wanted to hang out. Will he call? Did my friends overwhelm him? Was inviting him too much way too soon? Stay tuned....

No comments: