Tuesday, November 13, 2007

New Music Tuesday

Alicia is definitely a talented women and I'm sure her third album is gonna be a hit. Her single "No One" is shit! But her fans seem to love it making it an instant top 10hit. Musically she is gifted and vocally she is not bad. I only bought her first album and I really can't see myself running to get this until I hear 3 or 4 singles.


Return of the Dead Diva! Celine Dion is ending her New Day show in Vegas on December 15 and she is touring to support her new album Taking Chances. Celine was smart and got her ass on Oprah on Monday and that guarantees her top 10, fo sho. Celine has an edgy sound in this CD, she is really trying to update her sound instead of pulling in those over the top ballads. She covers "Alone" by Heart and her title track single is showcasing a new side of Celine. I don't know if I'll run to get this either. Dang.


Released last week, this CD is sure to debut at number 1. American Gangster is inspired by the number one movie staring Denzel Washington and Russel Crow. The album is heavily produced by Diddy who samples much of the 70's R&B genre. I have to hear this CD to either trash it or get it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have Ms.Keys new album. Like it a lot and think it will grow on me more. Her voice is just amazing. And that girl has got a cool story.

Celine. No WAY.

You forget Seal's new dance themed album System. Not bad, especially if you liked his very first album. And Madonna's producer from Confessions is at the helm.

Clearly R you are slacking at coverage here.

xoxo