Thursday, November 08, 2007

DUH Moment (Sistine Chapel)


What is a DUH Moment? For all the new readers a DUH! moment is when I have had an airhead moment that is so ridiculous, that you think there is no way that could happen. These moments are true and they actually happened.
Ok, I was not going to ever share this moment with you guys because I really don't want ya'll to think I'm Jessica Simpson. I know I have the occasional airhead moment but I guess this was one of my biggest. I really was keeping this to myself but last night at a birthday dinner, my boy Marco was acting like US Weekly and shared this story with the entire table. So I gots to report it.
I went to Italy a few years ago with Marco, Nancy and Juan. If ya'll haven't traveled with Marco you need to. That boy is like a walking travel book and travel agent, you just need to pack and go. Marco's 30bday he wanted to spend it at Vatican City and we went to visit the Sistine Chapel.
No mind ya'll, I had not seen any signs I just kept hearing about the Sistine Chapel. I stood there looking very confused and tapped Marco on the Shoulder. I said "Boo, I know we at the Sixteenth Chapel but where is numbers 1 through 15, we gonna see those too?
Of course, Marco, Nancy, and Juan were literally pissing in their pants of laughter. I was looking at them with this look of confusion again, why are they laughing. They explained why and of course I felt dumb. Needless to say, I had to go back and read up on some shit.
In my defense, I sooooo did not pay attention in catechism class.

No comments: