Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Solange Knowles Inks With Geffen




Why???

Solange, you aint as pretty as yo sister Beyonce so I feel bad for you. But why you trying the singing thang again? NO ONE bought your first album. Aint no one running to get the new one.

Geffen records you best watch who you sign. This could be the break your company.

This taken from Billboard:
Solange Knowles, Beyonce's younger sister, recently signed to Geffen Records and plans to release her sophomore album, "Just What I Want" in the second quarter of 2008.Knowles is currently in the studio in Los Angeles, recording the follow-up to 2003's "Solo Star," via Columbia."Her record is totally bananas," Geffen Records chairman Ron Fair tells Billboard.com. "It's not what people would expect from her. The music is more eclectic and international. She's in her own lane."
songs and influences of early Natalie Cole and Carole King, and she's only 22," he continues. "I'm crazy about the Pharrell Williams' record that she recently finished, called 'I Decided.' We're finishing the album now."

It's almost a crime to mention Natalie, Nat, and Solange in the same sentence. Ron Fair is about to be fired for using the term "Totally Bananas". If I were Solange I would do what Jennifer Lopez' ugly sister did. Go into radio. Linda Lopez knew her ass was hit and she said let me stay behind the scenes with my radio face. Solange, you should sit right next to her boo boo!

No comments: