Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Oprah Moment (Forgiveness)

Last night I went to a Forgiveness seminar thinking that I may need to do some soul searching and let go of some resentment I have towards my family. I expected to go hear someone speak on forgiveness and how it just rules your life. I did not expect to be moved the way I was.

The seminar was led by a man named Irwin and it was a group of about 2o men and 2 women. It was a very intense interactive seminar. We had to partner with someone and I partnered with Michael. We had to talk about the person we want to forgive in our lives and the hurt that person has caused you. Ya'll know by this time I was regretting going and thinking I shoulda stayed home to watch American Idol.

I actually went for my family and then it turned into my past relationship but in the end the person I was most wanting to forgive but never have, is myself. I have been really hard on myself for the past 5 years but my spiritual journey has lead me to this moment. I have been so focused on protecting my heart that I have pushed away any possibilities of love and almost pushed away my friends who are my family.

What I did realize is:

Forgiveness isn't Forgetting, Justifying, Denying my pain, or Reconciliation

Forgiveness is Releasing the pain, Living life, Peace, and Power


The second part of the seminar is next week which promises to be even more intense.

No comments: