Sunday, January 27, 2008

Gay in the City (To Party or Not To Party)

Lately I have not been going out due to the fact that I have been trying to focus on putting my time and effort into a new relationship. I was invited to a birthday event that consisted of going to a bar and then to a club. I had a great time seeing my friends catching up at the bar and just swapping stories. We then hit the club to get our dance on cuz I have been itching to dance!

I got there and the music was too loud, the drinks weren't as good, and the crowd was there for one purpose. I normally love being there and enjoying the scene but the entire time I just thought that I would rather be at home with my guy! I would be much happier spending time with him at a coffee house, at home on the couch, or even at church. I kept yawning the entire night and I had no desire to dance. The music was good though and I had to dance a couple of songs but my mind was somewhere else. This was quite strange because I am such a party guy, I am the guy that loves to be out and about. But things are changing. My new fun is laughing and conversing with my friend and my new excitement is not the next club anymore, it's when I see his smile.

Don't get me wrong I will still go out and have fun with or without him. I just prefer it to be with him and at a different venue. I never thought I would say that much less write it down. So now comes the time to decided when to party and when not to party, that is the question?

1 comment:

Magda said...

You just miss me too...its okay i'll be up there soon